duminică, 12 decembrie 2010

A meaning for Christmas

I think you all know many things about Christmas Eve, and I’m sure all of you have found a meaning to this celebration.
    For some people Christmas symbolizes an important religious day, the day when Jesus Christ was born, or it’s that time of the year when your house should look spotless and your pantry should be full of goodies, people also think that Christmas is the time when you receive many presents and candies and for others it simply means a well deserved vacation, sales at the mall or it just symbolizes the end of the year. For me on the other hand, Christmas symbolizes something deeper than that.
    I believe that Christmas should be the time of the year when everyone forgets about their financial issues, their workplace, their selfish problems, the time when they forget about themselves. That day we should all be grateful to our friends and family who supported us through the year that just passed and we should all show them how thankful we are, and if you argued with someone in the past, now it’s the time to call them and apologize. Let Christmas do its magic and you won’t regret it!
    Simple gestures like hugs should worth a thousand words, we don’t need to spend our money on expensive presents that will be easily forgotten. A meaningful “Thank you!” is more valuable than the most expensive present on Earth and a happy memory is the best present you can give to a person as the memory itself will always remain in one’s heart and soul. This is what Christmas means to me! This year I’m going to spend my Christmas surrounded by my family and my closest friends, with a hot chocolate in my hand, a good story to tell and some beautiful carols to sing.
     Now I hope this little article helped you in some way and I hope you’ll find your own meaning to this wonderful celebration. I wish you all to have a Merry Christmas. Cheers! 

By Oroian Ioana-Alexandra
Class: 8th